Simple instruction on how to set up a proxy in Windows 11 for secure work and network programs. You will protect your data, also you can hide your personal IP address and location.
Using a proxy server on Windows 11
The proxy server will act as an intermediary between your computer and the Internet. Many people use this feature to work on the web safely, study, or simply surf the web.
Also, a proxy helps to bypass various blockings, for example, regional ones. After setting up a proxy on Windows, you can safely access any web resources and network programs.
Setting up a proxy in Windows 11
To connect a proxy server, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows menu and find "Settings".
- In the sidebar, select the "Network & Internet", and then the "Proxy" section.
- Next to "Use a proxy server" click "Set up".
- In the opened window, move the slider to the "On" position to enable the proxy setting.
- In the fields below, enter the IP address and port of your proxy server.
- In this field, you can insert links for any number of sites exclusion for which the proxy will not work.
- Click "Save", and you are ready to go! You have set up a proxy on Windows 11.
- If you are using a private proxy server, then after the configuration your default browser will open a pop-up window when you will be prompted to enter the username and password. Enter the data and save.
Disabling proxy server in Windows 11
Now let's talk about how to disable the proxy server:
- Go to the Windows menu and select "Settings".
- Go to "Network & Internet" and click on the "Proxy" tab.
- Now you need to disable all existing proxy settings. If you have “Automatically detect settings” enabled, move the button to the “Off” position.
- Next to "Use setup script" click on the "Set up" button.
- If you have a setup script enabled here, move it to “Off” mode and click “Save”.
- Now next to "Use a proxy server" click on the "Change" button.
- Move the slider to “Off” and click on “Save” button. Proxy disabling will be completed.
We talked about the easiest ways to enable and disable proxies in Windows 11. For greater security, use personal proxy servers that will reliably protect your data from prying digital eyes.