Why is a proxy better than a VPN that is already in the browser? With a proxy server, you can change your IP address, and location, and work at higher network speeds, without limits and restrictions. Such a solution will make your work, study, online games, or just web surfing much more efficient and safer.
How to connect a proxy for Opera
- Open a browser.
- Go to the menu in the upper right corner, scroll down and open "Go to full browser settings".
- Scroll down the page again and click on "Advanced".
- Advanced settings will open. Find the "System" section and click on the inscription "Open your computer's proxy settings".
- You will see the proxy settings in Windows. In the “Manual Proxy Settings” section, move the slider to On.
- Enter your proxy server details: IP address and Port.
- In the field below, you can specify web resources for which proxies will not work.
- Click on the "Save" button.
- If you are using a personal proxy, a window will appear immediately after setting it in Opera. Enter the Username and Password of your proxy server in the fields and click "Sign in".
For additional protection, you can clear your browser history and cache. For this:
- In the sidebar, go to the "History" section.
- Click on the "Clear Browsing Data" button.
- Select "All Time" and check all boxes.
- Click on the "Clear Data" button and the history will be deleted.
Unfortunately, Opera does not have a feature to set the proxy only in this browser. Once configured, the proxy will work on all other browsers by default.
How to disable proxy for Opera
You can disable the proxy server in the same way as you connected it.
- In the browser, go to Menu - "Go to full browser settings" - "Advanced" - "Open your computer's proxy settings".
- In the opened window next to the "Manual proxy settings" section, move the slider to Off.
- Click "Save" and the proxy will be disabled.
You have configured a proxy for Opera! We advise you to choose reliable personal proxies for working on the Internet. No need to rely on free proxies: they can harm your data and device.